CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bridal Show Extravaganza

In the past few months Ace the Party Place and I had the pleasure of participating in two buzzing bridal shows.

The first was at the Lancaster Host Resort, organized by Renee Kopp of Celebrations. I had the pleasure of meeting many smiling and excited brides, all ready to begin planning for their big day. This was my first show back with Ace the Party Place, and so I chose to showcase our new Crown Parian white square plateware and sleek Astragal stainless flatware. These new pieces add flair to any event. I also chose to showcase my own unique design -- from a mound of rock and rubble no less!

As many of you know, we at Ace have been undergoing many changes and various face lifts in our building on Ranck Mill Road in Lancaster. There has been many changes on the grounds of our property, including an upheaval of earth and rock. I park in front of this mound of rock every single day, and one day it occurred to me that I could create a stunning tabletop with a few pieces of the thin rock and some reindeer moss (found at your local craft store or floral wholesaler). What was inspired by rock and rubble become a gorgeously organic tabletop. This design principle amounts to one word: INSPIRATION. Good Event designers get inspiration from magazines, photos and books. GREAT event designers get inspiration from EVERYTHING!

Our second bridal show was held at the Hamilton Club, a prestigious club and stunningly ornate venue. This show was organized by our friend and style guru of many years, Lori Hemphill, of the Perfect Plan. I was uber-excited to participate in this show as it was a tailored show of select, higher end vendors. I chose to showcase our array of china and glassware. Many brides don’t realize that we at Ace stock a huge variety of plateware and glassware, and can accomodate events from 10 persons to 1000! I also chose to cruise through our scrapbook at Ace, highlighting the many advertisements, event photos, and great information we have provided our clients for over 40 years. I still felt as though I needed to add a bit of fabulousness to our display with twig, orchid, and crystal prism centerpieces (all rentable, btw)!

The show was a great success, with many fantastic vendors. My favorites of the day were Fries Flowers, Special Occasion Linen, and the Wiebners photographers. I also loved to see the House of Clarendon Cakes, and Rettews Catering. Kudos to the Hamilton Club and the Perfect Plan for a great show!

0 comments: